Tuesday 17 July 2012

Spell with Flickr

hhrmm, fairly straight forward

k31 Tile Letter a my type concho letter t Cardboard Letter R i Blue foam brick letter n A

Didn't like the aesthetics of the spell with flickr website.  The blue writing on a black background mades things difficult to read and the sizing of the text was particularly small.  I think this is a great entertainment application however possibly needs more thought to the presentation of the overall site.

Having used the regular size and changed it to square size, the images are still too big.  I wonder if there is another way of resizing... mmmm something to look into.

I think having used Fodey, I realise that I'm starting to access higher levels of blooms taxonomy.
 
Retrieved from: http://taspd.edublogs.org/2007/04/23/revised-blooms-taxonomy/

Having the knowledge of where to go and what site to use, I was able to understand and re-tell myself the steps needed.  I then applied this and created a Spell with Flickr image and analyzed the website and the image itself.  With the final product, I evaluated the image and was quite critical regarding the flexibility and application of it to my blog.  Using my prior knowledge I was able to apply my skills to this new situation where I took a screen grab/dump, placed the clipboard image into a photo image application and was able to crop out the letters of my name from the picture of my blog screen.  I then created, (the final level of higher order thinking in the bloom's taxonomy triangle) and re-saved the cropped portion of my name as a jpeg image. 

and... 

Tah Dah!


2 comments:

  1. OOh so clever Kat! I only got as far as changing it to the square size and using Shell instead of Shelley :) Well done. I may just have to try out what you have done to see if I can do it! Challenge set :) Thanks for sharing! I agree that they (Spell with Flickr) dont make it easy to use.... I also agree with there choice of colours in regrds to letters and background... I spent ages trying to find ones that were aesthetically appealing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shelley,

    If you need any help with those steps let me know - happy to assist and thank you for your feedback. It was nice to be able to see a link to blooms just sitting and thinking about what I had done. GOod luck with changing your Spellw/flickr

    CHeers
    Kat

    ReplyDelete