Wednesday 1 August 2012

Networking and collaboration - check out airpano!

When you get a minute check out...

www.airpano.com (or google it!)

On tv yesterday my mum saw this on channel 10 (i think)
When I got home yesterday from uni she told me about it - thought it might be useful for uni stuff
I then jumped online for my SOSE subject and added a post to the forum communicating this awesome website with the others in my class
I now want to share this with others around me at uni hence putting it on my MeL blog!

In 24hours its reached a LOT of people.  This just emphasised how important it is to have a support and professional network around you as a teacher.  I can't imagine getting through uni without a similar support group around me and I hope that I stay in touch with such wonderful people well into our careers!

This is such a great tool to use for subjects like SOSE and geographical/historical studies to look at changes that have happened in a real place over time or to visit a landmark or monument without leaving the classroom.  It's real, its current and students can relate to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment