Wednesday 1 August 2012

Glogging with Glogster!

http://s0207204.edu.glogster.com/year-7-earth-space/

Here I have created my first Glogster - mocked up of course (please ignore the name of the page).

I do see a use for this static space by adding links and information directed from this page but it lacks the flexibility of widgets and html embedding for the likes of Vokis and other html coded add ons.

HOWEVER, it is possible to add vokis by means of deciphering the voki code to find the relevant html information, copy and open that in a new internet browser, screen record the voki playing (using another software), save that video, go into glogster and upload the video you took of the voki.

Not impossible but more effort required than other sites that provide for direct embedding.

For Glogster I took a screen grab of my character.  I uploaded the picture of my voki and provided a link for him to the voki webpage therefore clicking on the image of my alien will take you to a site where he will play.  He works find but its not as integrated and smooth as I would've liked.

2 comments:

  1. Kat, I do love how you like to fiddle till your figure it out - watch out that it doesn't take up all your time (says the pot to the kettle!)
    What sort of learning uses or teaching uses can you see for Glogster?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! :D thanks for the reminder! I had started this 'mucking around' for a science assignment last term however we didn't end up using it but I didn't scrap it all together. Luckily I left it there and decided to revamp it as a mock up one; so thank goodness not toooo much time spent putting it together.

    Glogster does has a place within the classroom ICTs. I could see potential for the teacher to use Glogster as an introduction to a topic like a 'title page' we use to put in our books! LOL All the introduction information could be placed there for students to look at - questions they might be asked - questions they might want to get answers for by creating a KWL chart on the Glogster then maybe a review could be done towards the end of the unit to answer those questions.

    Are you able to open my eyes a bit wider? Am I too critical with Glogster?

    ReplyDelete